Wednesday, June 11, 2008

C-SECTION IS A GOOD CHOICE


I went to the doctor today for my regular 2 week check up. Weight gain is still at a minimum! I asked her if there was anyway to see what position she was lying in because I can tell that she is not head down and sometimes I think she feels like shes folded in half! Well my wonderful doctor, Michelle Blackwell, said sure lets do an ultrasound and check that baby out! Well she is basically transverse with her back to my upper uterine wall, her head is on the left and her feet are on the right. Then she went to see if she could get the weight of the baby. Of course, Elizabeth is a totally wiggle worm but finally she was able to get a skull measurement and Dr. Blackwell says "Good thing your wanting a c-section! This baby has a big head! The skull measures at 36 weeks and I'm in the middle of 34 weeks! She thinks Elizabeth is a little over 5 pounds right now. My gosh does that mean she will be huge? Guess she will have a big Carnes head! Good thing I'm having a c-section!

3 comments:

Janna said...

So educational! Her being folded kinda made me giggle since you said how much she like to moon you for the pictures.

Brenda said...

Sounds like everything is perfectly normal at the Carnes house! I just hope Miss Diva settles down by the time that precious package arrives!

Alison said...

Lori, I right there with you on the c-section! If I ever get pregnant, schedule me for one from day one.

Sounds like Elizabeth will be a big baby!!