Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rookie of the Year

If you watched the movie Rookie of the Year then you will remember in the middle of the movie they decided to send in the new little rookie to bat. As the ball was being pitched to him all he could say was "oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!" As I sit typing this last blog before the birth of my baby girl I feel like the "rookie" did.... but although I cry out to God in 2 ways.

The first way being that fast pitch ball that is coming and there is no turning back. The ball was
pitched 9 months ago and its almost to the bat. I stand here totally freaking out, not sure if I will hit the ball or it will hit me! Either way, its coming! So I am saying "oh my God,"oh my God, Oh my God" in preparation to what is about to happen I have no control over!

The second way is that I am crying out for God to prepare me!
* For the c-section- I am not good, NOT being in control.
* For the new birth - for her to be healthy.
* For all the family that will be around- what a blessing!
* For the preparation of Jay and I as Godly parents!
* For the total change that is about to happen in our lives!

But as I sit here freaking out.... I know that God says:
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

So, now its Birthday, July 14, 2008

Look for a picture of little Elizabeth sometime today!

Love you all!

Lori

No comments: