Thursday, July 17, 2008

WHAT IS LOVE?






LOVE IS:

having friends and family pray for you for 9 months!

having friends like Jillian Griefenkamp and Julie Dickerson give me the play by play details about the c-section and being 100% right about it!

having Leela Thomas (an old church member and retired Postpartum RN meeting us
at the elevator at 6:15 on Monday morning to be with us during the WHOLE procedure!

having a wonderful Dr- Michele Blackwell who was wonderful!

having a mother in law (Nina) have good friends at UTMB who made sure I was
treated like a QUEEN the second I was admitted!

then being treated like a QUEEN!

having a WONDERFUL husband who did not leave my side the entire time who constantlyencouraged me before the c-section

seeing all of your friends and family cheering you through the OR doors!

having a wonderful team in the OR who talked me through the entire procedure and
made sure that I was okay.


realizing that I was going to make it through the spinal because low and behold just like
EVERYONE told me I was still going to be able to feel myself breathe!

listening to the conversation being held my my doctor and the rest of the staff assisting
with the c-section while they were cutting me open - it reminded me that they do this
all the time!!!

again having Leela Thomas sitting by me reciting the Lords Prayer and other scritpure
throughout the entire c-section --- this lady is an amazing child of GOD!

hearing the first cry of MY baby girl for the first time!

seeing Jay with Elizabeth in his arms

seeing my whole family so excited about this new baby

and last but not least

holding your new little girl in your arms and your wonderful husband by your side!




9 comments:

Jillian said...

what a beautiful post- pictures are amazing...still does not seem real.

You are amazing- and will be amazing parents. God gave you this sweet angel- cherish every moment.

Can not wait to hol that child!

Call me when you can!

Janna said...

Thank-you for telling me to read this today! Having this blessing surrounding us is so wonderful. I love seeing Jay beaming... literally beaming with a spring in his step! Y'all will be a Mommy and Daddy that God has ordained. I will miss church to come to FBCG for the dedication...because I'm in on that!
Today, I wasn't ready, but I'm looking forward to the day when I will "hol" the Elizbeth as well!

jenn said...

That's a precious post! It brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing this experience with us and for the wonderful pictures. Y'all look wonderful . . . all 3 of you!! I hope the recovery is quick and painless!! :-)

lisa said...

Your beautiful post brought tears to my eyes again too. It is so humbling and precious to be in the midst of God's work. Thank you for letting me be there to share it.

The pictures were awesome too. I never looked that good after delivering a baby. No wonder Elizabeth is so pretty.

Congratulations again to both you and Jay. Now let the fun continue.

angie said...

Jay & Lori --
CONGRATULATIONS!! Kelly told me about your blog, and so I have been checking to see new pics. (She did send me one on her birthday.)
So excited and looking forward to watching your family grow!
Blessings,
Angie Gillikin

Alison said...

Lori, she is beautiful!! I am so excited for you and Jay. I know you will be great parents.

I am looking forward to meeting her soon!

Unknown said...

I am in TEARS! You are a MOMMY!!!! Congratulations! I am so glad that everything went so well, and that is one bee-u-tiful baby girl! I pray you enjoy every second of these precious days.

Jennifer said...

I am so glad all went well, I can't wait until the announcements come in so I can have the excuse to come see you precious little girl. BTW,she is beautiful:)

Anna said...

What a gift! And what a worthy recipient! Congrats! Anna Wilson