Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BEDTIME

BIRDS EYE VIEW AT BEDTIME
Elizabeth sleeps in her bassinet right next to my side of the bed. This is the precious view that I get to look at. What a sleeping beauty! I keep thinking that it's time for her to start sleeping in her big girl bed but I just can't seem to want to let her go. I know that she and I would both probaly sleep better. I wake up about each hour just to make sure that she is okay~ is she too hot? too cold? still wrapped up? head buried in the covers? is she breathing? is she starting to wake up because she wants to eat? O ALL THE THINGS ABOUT MOTHERHOOD!!!
Then I just stare at her for about a minute, rub her sweet cheek, maybe a soft kiss, and thank GOD for my beautiful daughter. So maybe it is okay for her to continue to sleep so close to her mommy. Thank you God for our sweet blessing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy this sweet time! What a blessing to wake up to that precious face each morning. You'll know it is time to move her when you hit the point that you will be a better mommy with more sleep! :)

Mandy said...

So precious!!!

Jillian said...

OOOOOHHHH she is a doll! I need to get my hands on her....maybe her sweetness will rub off on you....

HA HA!

That church pic is the best!

Vicki Banta said...

Lori,

I am sooo excited GOD blessed you with a little girl!!!