Tuesday, October 21, 2008

SO GLAD TO BE HOME! AND MINNIE CAME WITH US!

Okay, first trip with Little E..... and oh my!
Jay and I traveled to Orlando for the annual Funeral Directors Convention. When we planned the trip I am not sure what I was thinking! Sure we can travel with Little E and it will be no big deal! We had it all planned out, my mom and step dad will meet us in Orlando and keep "E" while we do our thing. WRONG!
We found a great townhouse close to Disney and the convention site, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, great price... and we were set... eager to travel and get back to our old traveling routine. Little did we think that our wonderful little baby would once again remind us that she is part of the family now! We all arrived on last Saturday and decided to go to Disney- Magical Kingdom- on Sunday. So we woke up, fed "E" and headed out... only to be called about 2 hours later by my mother who was frantically saying that "E" had been crying.... well more than crying for 45 minutes... and she didn't know what to do! So, Jay and I headed out of the park to go and see what was up... we get almost to the car and Mom calls to say she is now asleep... passed out from crying for so long. So we head back into the park to try and enjoy some time together. I'm sure all of you who know me, know that I am not enjoying myself at all at this point. Well, about 4 hours later mom calls, says that "E" is awake and doing okay... then about an hour later she calls and says "E" has been crying frantically for 15 minutes now..... okay, so Jay and I head out of the park again.... and of course by the time we get to the townhouse she is passed out. My mother had been crying and my step dad had been pacing the floor, wringing his hands! I felt horrible and my mother felt like she failed me. I told her I loved her and called my baby a toot pot and kissed her little cheeks! From that point on... which was the entire week I didn't leave the baby with my mom.... she just will have to learn to travel with mom and dad! What a Carnes....

1 comment:

Janna said...

oh your poor mom and poor you! even hearing some of the snippets, one never really knows what is being experienced. Perhaps E will just have to adapt to the fun of traveling with y'all.